Listen.



We'll get a day off from BB this Saturday, all thanks to the BERSIH 2.0 rally -- which has planned for a street demonstration in central Kuala Lumpur that day. Though the papers said this morning that the rally was "called off" after some very wise words from the YDPA, I doubt many would really refrained from marching.

Best thing to do? Sit at home and enjoy a time of family bonding with my siblings and parents.

I was caught today a little off routine as I was assigned to send my mom for her orthopaedics consultation at KL Sports Medicine Center near my workplace this morning. So I called for a couple hours off from work and went to the center with my mom.

It was a pretty precious mom-and-son bonding time as we were waiting before and after the consultation. In fact, my mom talked to me non-stop from the moment we hopped on the car, all the way through the half hour journey to Damansara Heights.

I realize, that a lot of the times, parents like my mom only needs a listening audience. Us as children, we sometimes (many times) forget how important it is to simply listen to what our parents have to say. They may not be right all the time, yet, they speak of experiences and stories with great values. Even great than those cliche you'd get at the end of Kung Fu Panda or the Green Lantern.

Just listen, and you might be surprised by how much you can learn about them from their words. As an ambassador for effective communication, I always appreciate the opportunity to practice "real" communications. Not those LOLs and TTYLGTGG9s that many of us use today.

Yes, I admit those are tools assisting interpersonal communication; nonetheless, the best communication may sometimes just be the original talk, vis-a-vis.

Before that, just listen. To further encourage you, here's one of my fav. songs from Beyonce, coincidentally entitled: Listen.


Enjoy.